Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

It begins

Felt so bad after seeing my little concrete frog on the blog, I gave him a new coat of paint. 

 

Looks much better. I am just beginning to realize the scope of our house project. Every object in the downstairs will have to be boxed and moved.  

 

My apologies to all my clients for when I waltzed in and out of your chaos to check on progress, leaving you to live in squalor.  I started in our bathroom. 


Got to the back of the cabinet to find tub toys. 

 
 
Poor Thumbilina and her fairy prince. They look scared to death. Mary Grace loved these dolls. Looks like a dog loved them too. Notice the prince's lack of hand. 


Found my childhood jewelry box. It used to have a poseable doll that snapped on top. Also a little ballerina that spun in her tutu in front of the mirror when you wound it up to play music. 


Back then girls wore pins with everything. I loved the hedgehogs and mice. The irradiated dime is an oddity. On a family trip we visited a nuclear museum. They assured us that our dime would never completely lose its radiation. Wait.  What?!?!? It looks pretty scary. 

 

More tub toys. 

 

May let go of this cedar souvenir chest. Given to me by my little friend Tambra as a child. Her family fascinated me as they were from the country (Kentucky), loved country music, ate Blackburn's syrup on biscuits😝 and her parents were in their 20's and would dance to the hifi in the living room. 


And I might point out that Murray was where the KKK was founded 😯. Well wish us luck and I'll keep you updated. 

1 comment:

  1. I loved your trip down memory lane, I remember Tambra, A very exciting little girl. I did not know much about the parents. I guess you took them all in. MOM

    ReplyDelete