Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Out with the old

 

Sure sign of spring. Toby's crew cut

 

To say we needed a new roof is an understatement. 

 

After another mess....

 

And big A equipment everywhere...


Beautiful. 

 
 
Got to stuff Easter eggs for church hunt. 

 

Book Club at Priscilla's. Medea got to come! Enjoying the view. 

 

The lake was especially pretty. Great food, no pics. Cocoa crusted salmon, squash and asparagus. So good. 


Did however photo the red velvet bundt cake. 

 
 
The book made us laugh out loud. So good. 

 

More memories unearthed. Paint colors from 30 years. 

 

Ugh that orange from Ivy's room. I always let them paint their rooms whatever color the wanted. Some were better than others. 

 

Found a Tupperware filled with Chex mix. This was not even from 2016! Yikes. 

 

The pink bowl. The girls fought mightily over it until Candy bought a set of pink bowls. After that no one wanted it. It was no longer special. 

 

A few "before" pictures. 

 

I have to say that I still don't dislike this kitchen. 

 

Had lots of fun in here.

 

I loved the finish Priscilla put on it years ago. I remember she was so sore from climbing the ladder for several days. 

 

And my starry night ceiling. 

 

I loved DIY before DIY was cool. 

 

Goodbye little clothesline. 

 

Ivy wore that white ballerina outfit at 3 years old so the painting is 20! They wouldn't let me paint over it in the last renovation. 

 

MG's tie dye tshirt, Ed's polo, Sophie's khaki shorts and white tank top and my black tshirt, all are real things we wore. Even the green blanket and rust kitchen towel. 


 Unexpected pocket of fun.  Margaret's birthday at Amerigo. 

 

Old gals take a selfie. 

1 comment:

  1. How can you paint over the clothesline? I did not know the clothes were for real. There sure is a lot of change going on. How can you stand it?

    MOM

    ReplyDelete