Search This Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Pitcher perfect

Warning! There are 3 new posts. Keep scrolling after reading this one!!  

 

Ok, so it started like this. My Mamaw Brown collected little pitchers as souvenirs on all our travels. Jan found the boxes in her attic. Jan, Sophie and I convened at Mom's house to unwrap them all and stroll down memory lane. It was so fun.  Each piece of 1990 newspaper unfurled to reveal a treasure. 

 

Sophie loved this one

 

Most brought back great stories of camping days past. Some of them no one could remember. 

 

Here they all are. So many had been broken and re glued together. Probably because us kids played with them. 

 

I love the ones with the places stamped on them. 

 

We plan to show them at Christmas when we all get together and let everyone select ones to keep. I still miss my Mamaw, what a great spirit. When we opened the Yellowstone pitcher, Mom recalled the story. We took a trip there in 1978. I was in college. Mom, Dad, Mamaw and I. Mamaw and I decided we would go out there and live and work. My mom was so scared we would do it!! We even got applications. I still have mine. 

2 comments:

  1. My you did bring back memories. Our trips made good ones. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those. So glad you found them!!!

    ReplyDelete