Search This Blog

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Accidental sentimental journey



Jan and I wanted to take Mom on a holiday adventure. We decided on the Old Capitol. It had given us many Christmas memories in the past. 


We were a little let down. Very few decorations. These were pretty. 

 

This flag from Mississippi's first year was waiting for the new history museum to open. It was huge. 

 

We decided to drive around town. I jumped out to take this pic of a motif outside the Lamar Building. She is holding an hour glass. 



Mom chose Two Sisters. So quaint and...



...so good. The best chicken, okra, greens and chicken dumplings good enough to make you slap yo mama. Just kidding. I would never do that!!


 
Quirky dessert buffet. 

 

The desserts. Chocolate cake and quite possibly the best bread pudding Jan and I have ever had. Topped with whiskey sauce (perfect) but we had to try the chocolate sauce. All totally from scratch. I have to admit we ate that whole bowl of  chocolate sauce. 

 

Took a drive down Capital street. Ended up unexpectedly in Cedarlawn cemetery. Visited my grandparents. I adored her. The original Mamaw. 

 

Made the familiar loop around to visit my great grandparents. My Sophie's namesake. 



Her husband. It was a fun day of reflection. Love my Mom with all my heart. 


1 comment:

  1. Nice to do it all over again through your blog. It was so much fun. The best is sometime unplanned. I love you too. MOM

    ReplyDelete