Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Out with the old


Let's start with healthy eating. Candy pulled this together in minutes for us post swim one day. Best tomatoes of the summer. 


My less fortunate dogs enjoy being the recipients of hand me downs from the Patrick dogs. They receive monthly Bark boxes as you know. 


Here they are exhausted. 

 

And just when we couldn't figure what all to do with our money...we get this lovely engineering report. 10 new supports and dig up 12 old ones and adjust. Maybe we should just put it on pontoons and float
it out to sea. 


At lunch with Sophie and MG yesterday I mentioned that another childhood icon had fallen. Sophie looked at the picture and her eyes widened in horror. "You mean MY childhood?!!?!", she said in shock. 


Yes dear, all things change. The old swing set fort section (aka hamburger drive through, palace, ship or whatever they were pretending it was), came down. 


Sophie said she remembers the day we put it up. Ed and his dad assembled it in the garage and then realized how the heck will we get it in the backyard?! Luckily brother-in-laws Joe and Tommy came and walked it back there. It was quite a sight. 


But on the other hand we have some pretty cool reclaimed wood. 


Now on to it's next incarnation. 


A swing for me!


Some assembly required. I think I'll paint it my favorite porch green. 


Fun thing acquired. Candy found this great cutting board / hot pad with the old Cherokee sign on it.  I wonder where it is now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment