Search This Blog

Sunday, June 8, 2014

You are only 18 once

Candy got a job and started Monday. I've been a bit of a stand-in for her. Lucy turned 18 Friday so I took her to lunch. We tried Local 463, even though they forgot Mom and I last time. It was very good.

 
Veggie burger for her
 
 
Vegetable plate for me. I wish they would put the salad on a separate plate. It was piping hot...not good for salad.  Then we went to Pine Cone and I bought her a new charm bracelet and a little nurse hat charm. Guess nurses don't wear those hats anymore but they are still the universal symbol.
 
 
Selfie in the store.
 
Saturday morning Mother of the Bride (hereto for known as MOB) and Maid of Honor went to help bride look at wedding dresses.
 
 
 I completely expected not to find one on the first try. And the visit started out very poorly.
 
 
They had scheduled the helper with 2 brides at once and put them right next door in fitting rooms. Well the other bride looked about 18 and had brought her whole country family with her. Now the dressing rooms are situated on little stages with chairs surrounding them for the critics to sit in. Mary Grace was already frazzled by having to wait 15 minutes for the sales lady to help us after picking the dresses she wanted to try. Sophie stepped up to the plate and got dresses in and on MG. It didn't help that the country family was watching our show as well as theirs. Nor did it help that the child bride was young , tiny and looked fabulous in every giant poofy dress she tried.
Our bride found one she liked. It won't ruin things to show you how we tried to make a size 14 let her see how it might look in her size.
 
 
One more big accomplishment done. 


1 comment:

  1. I hope MG got to ring the bell when she found the perfect dress? I guess we will have to ask for salad one the side?
    Oh to be 18 again? No, if it did not come with aches and pains, I would say now is the best age. MOM

    ReplyDelete