Search This Blog

Friday, June 27, 2014

This little piggie...

...wanted me to have a happy birthday.
 


Bev gave him to me at my book club birthday get together. When asked what I would like to do for my party, I asked to go to someone's house instead of a restaurant. It seems like you can never hear all conversations at a big noisy place. Ok , maybe it has to do with our age, but still. Bev kindly offered her house. She has recently repainted outside and had plantings done. It looks great. It was raining so I didn't get good pics of the paint colors.
 
 
I did catch a cute one of this little guy. He liked the rain.
 
 
Love how she used all green and only texture for this corner.
 

Check out this pitcher plant. The sweet nectar inside attracts insects and then, slam, goes the top. Then the plant quietly digests it.
 

Here is the cute badger charm Lucy gave me. She is out of town , but Candy brought it. The badger is the mascot of Springhill College. I will think of her every time I look at it this fall.
 

Tons of rain this week has brought out great mushrooms.
 

All my plants love it .
 
 
Look at that little "hen and chicks".
 
 
Everybody but "the man" (my little jade plant)

 
A branch fell on him and broke it! I pressed the broken parts into soil in other pots. Hopefully soon I will have more plants. I always hated that tree. Not sure what it was, had thorns on it.
 

Anybody recognize it? weird berries. Dad would have  known.
 

Here are the cute gifts my friends gave me. I requested all white gifts. Not shown are a case of white wine from Candy and a bottle of Clos du Bois Pinot Grigio from Pam. Yum  yum. Food was great and healthy. Candy made my special craving - Chicken satay. It is grilled chicken with a great peanut sauce. Fruit, salad and some great cheeses. Friends make birthdays fun. Thanks, girls.  






1 comment:

  1. What a great blog. Loved seeing all your plants. What are friends for? You are blessed. But we know you have to be a friend to have one. Love the thoughtful gifts especially the "pig". MOM

    ReplyDelete