Search This Blog

Friday, June 13, 2014

too busy to blog

This has been a crazy busy week. Had a couple of work things and for some reason had something to do every evening. Some fun things too. Joan's 60th with girlfriends at Sombra. Priscilla always writes a song for that special birthday and we all sing it together. It was very clever. I hope I get one in 4 years. Yes I turn 56 this month. But for some reason I thought I was 56 all year. So do I do 56 again or can I be 55 this time? It is all just numbers to me.
 
How about unfried okra? A lady shopping at Freshway fruit stand shared this recipe with me, years ago. Saute trimmed okra (be careful not to cut too deep and let the goo run out), in olive oil , just 'til crisp. Season with salt, pepper and cumin
 
 
Have to brag a bit. Went to have my blood sugar situation reassessed and my NP said she was very proud of me. I've lost weight and lowered blood sugar. I don't have to use medication if I keep up the good work.
 
 
I really do like good food like this , but it takes planning and cooking. Oh and yes those are black cat feet behind my plate.
 
Here are a couple of funnies for y'all.

 
Don't pictures like this just crack you up? Guess he needed a little nap after those 20 years working for Mayor Mary


First let me say this is not our trash...so also not my Ed. I couldn't help but laugh at poor Ed losing his sentimental stuff. Jan walked ahead pretending she didn't know the crazy woman taking pictures of trash. 


 

2 comments:

  1. You will have to explain the "Ed trash" thing. I have missed a beat I guess. Okra looks good. Will have to try that. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may not be able to read it but the box says - Ed , sentimental, Do not trash...which someone clearly did anyway!

    ReplyDelete