Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Mushrooms and mosquitoes

With all this rain and soaring temps and humidity I knew there were bound to be mushrooms in the backyard.  



So I sallied forth (what a weird saying, look it up Mom) but was nearly knocked over by the heat and humidity as I opened the door. 



But I persevered for my fungi fans. 



Even though I put on bug spray, I got a bite on each appendage. These look just like biscuits. 



This one made me gasp. It was the size large coffee mug. And my favorite color. 



Look at his cute gills. 



This poor baby was someone’s breakfast. 



Very cute. 



My fellow hunters. They gave no argument when I headed inside. 



My girl and I. 



Margaret sent me this picture of “Candy’s” rose blooming. I miss her so much. 

1 comment:

  1. I HAVE HEARD THAT SAYING BEFORE, I WONDER WHO WAS SALLY? AND HOW DID SHE GO FORTH? FUNNY. THE MUSHROOMS WERE AMAZING. DO YOU AND "your girl" WEAR THE SAME SIZE FLIP LOPS? A STORY IS BEHIND THE CANDY ROSE, TELL ME SOMETIME. MOM

    ReplyDelete