Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Food

It’s funny when you are deprived of something, you think about it more. Since having COVID, I have lost my sense of smell and a lot of my sense of taste. How ironic that I read a delightful book about a food critic. On his death bed he is trying to recall one special flavor. He goes through many food memories and it was a lovely read. 



Well I made boiled corned beef , cabbage, potatoes and carrots. For St. Patrick’s Day. Next day I made Rueben sandwiches. All with our taste buds at half mast. Well today I took the remains of the pot(a La Candy) and made soup.  I added a bit of beef broth and some tomatoes.  I think my taste is almost back now because it tasted good.   



Another taste that was stirred up by the book I read was orange sherbet. I couldn’t get it off my mind. Well sweet sis Jan picked up a grocery order for us and look what slipped in there. And…I could taste it!



Just a little cuddle. Poor Ed.  He has been so sick with this dumb virus. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are on the mend. Hope Ed joins you soon. Food all sounds great. I make soup of almost everything too. Have some kind everyday. Love you both. MOM

    ReplyDelete