Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2023

Spoonful of history



A bright spot caught my eye just off our back breezeway. 



I thought it might be the missing piece from my spoon and fork wind chime. I got this from my Aunt D’s things. I love it but one piece has been missing. Ignore the spiderwebs. 



Well, it wasn’t that. It is an old spoon that definitely has a history though. It is from my mom’s first set of silverware circa 1949. So this spoon fed us cereal and soup for many years at Meadow Ridge. When Mom went with new-fangled stainless flatware this set was pressed into service as the camping set. So that means this spoon traveled from coast to coast and Canada to Mexico! Later when we sold the camper they ended up everywhere. The girls even had them in their sandbox. So how it got right here I don’t know. I just do know that spoons were always disappearing for use in creative ways. 



So, not valuable but sentimental. It says W. M. Rogers. Overlaid. It is silver plated. Well old spoon, you had an interesting life. Where did it come from originally? Mom?Check comments to see. 



Today’s episode of Can you spot Ed?  How can he vanish completely?



The dogs were so happy with the warm weather today. I think from the back it looks like Coco is wearing pantyhose with seams. 



Exhausted. 




1 comment:

  1. I AM SURE IT IS SCATTERED. THE FULL SET WAS BOUGHT AT SEARS IN 1946. IT WAS THE FIRST THING I BOUGHT AFTER I GOT ENGAGED. I THOUGHT IT WAS PRETTY. IT HAD UNUSUAL LONG HANDELS. THE ONLY PIECE I HAVE IS A FORK AND I USE IT WITH MY KITCHEN UTENSELS AS I COOK. HOW IT GOT WHERE YPU FOUND A PIECE OF IT,IS A MYSTERY. I DID USDE IT CAMPING.LIKE YOU SAID. HELLO OLD MEMORIES. MOM

    ReplyDelete