Search This Blog

Monday, May 9, 2022

Wedding weekend 2



Arrived at Lake Junaluska to find Amy relaxing on the deck of our cute lake house. 



The weather changed minute to minute. 



This was our view. 



View from our couch! So great. 



Ivy and I took a little time re-exploring the area. Here is the old dorm building we stayed in with youth groups. We both had different memories of our times there 35 years apart. Ivy didn’t really like it that much but I had a blast. Of course I was worried about kissing boys and bus romances along with my spiritual journey. 



Took a walk through Susanna Wesley garden. 



I bet she had her hands full with all those kids. 



The view from the top. 



All the azaleas and rhododendrons were in bloom. 



This made me think of you , Mom. 



A little Methodist humor. 



That afternoon we explored Waynesville. It is a cute mountain town right next to Junaluska.  We had a nice dinner at a place called The Sweet Onion. How do you like this little guy? We had mushroom ravioli. Then back home to enjoy the view. 

No comments:

Post a Comment