Search This Blog

Monday, January 28, 2019

Orange you glad

Not sure what domesticity got into me today but I made a huge pot of vegetable soup out of the Christmas turkey broth I made and froze. 



Then I took pity on these tangerines that were languishing in the fruit bowl (which is a cute Jadeite mixing bowl). Mary Grace has dubbed it The Bowl of Decay because that is usually what happens to unfortunate fruit that ends up there. Well there was just enough juice and zest to make Tangerine bread. 



Of course I looked at all the recipes and picked what I liked about each, which sometimes gets me in trouble. But this time it worked. 



This has walnuts in it and a thin glaze on top. Some recipes called it bread. Some called it cake. I used a combination of stevia and a small amount of sugar. Turned out really good. Guess this time I’m a survivor. 

1 comment:

  1. Sometime the threat of s little snow will drive you to make soup. That fact has been proven !!MOM

    ReplyDelete