Search This Blog

Friday, October 27, 2017

My turn

For Book Club that is. I was happy to have October so I could bust out the pumpkins. 



Forgot to take pictures of the set table. Oops. 



Used my blue willow. I love orange and cobalt blue. 


Had forgotten my old orange sugar mold. What? You don’t think a rat skeleton is appetizing? 



Those sunflowers are real. 



Started us off with this latest obsession. A crisp, dry, non sweet rose. 



Cynthia’s cranberry orange pork loin, cornbread dressing, roasted butternut squash and Brussels
Sprouts , salad and bread. 



On to the pie. Looks like the bear was in the group. 



Turtle pie on Ed’s mom Mary’s china. We read Edgar Allen Poe’s stories- The Black Cat and The Fall of the House of Usher. Very fun and creepy. We adjourned to the den and our giant TV to watch and hear a reading of Poe’s The Raven by Christopher Walken. He is one of my favorites. 



Toby got dressed up for the party



Artist Tyler came over to put the decal on the door. 



It turned out great! The process was fascinating. 



1 comment:

  1. Amy, we had such a wonderful time at your lovely home! The meal was delicious and beautiful and I loved "The Raven" as only Christopher Walken can do it!

    ReplyDelete