Search This Blog

Monday, October 23, 2017

An unexpected pocket of fun

That is what my friend Amy calls it. When some little piece of wonderful comes your way. Chris was home for fall break and I stopped by to see him. After only a bit of talk, he said he was leaving. I asked “where to” and he said Deer Camp. I asked “ could I go?”  He said “Yes, let’s go have an adventure “. 


After driving somewhere else so we could even get there (you can’t get there from here) , we arrived after a gorgeous drive through the countryside. Here is the tent pad. 



How great is this?  Cook / den area 



Mom loves seeing where he hunts. 



He led us to one of his favorite deer stands. He had to remind us to be quiet 🤐 and leave no traces of us. He can walk as silently as a cat. We galumphed along behind him. 




We reached the stand. Until we climbed inside we could not understand the scope of the view. 



Looking out we could see for miles down a huge hill into two clearings into the deep bottom. Pretty breathtaking. So privileged to see this beautiful land. I understand why he loves it so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment