Search This Blog

Saturday, August 26, 2017



Latest celebration. Jill turns 60. We had lunch at Strawberry Cafe, then returned to my house for cake, wine and presents. 



Her favorite caramel cake. We sang to her a great showtune medley from Oklahoma. Priscilla is the clever author. 





We had fun even if some of us (me) aren't very talented singers. 



Selfie. Not sure why I look so shocked 



Poor Toby has been very sick. Had to take him in after terrible upset stomach. They had to shave a spot to draw blood. Antibiotics and bland diet have got him back to begging from Ed. 



Had a craving for chicken and dumplings. These are pretty close to my Mamaw Ellis's. But check out the motto in the red oval. That may be the solution to the drug problem. 



Remember my grubby old kitchen chairs? 



Love them. The upholsterer commented on how old they are. I estimate 1860-70's. They sort of seem to bridge Eastlake (late) Victorian to Art Deco to Modern style. 



Ok....am I wrong to be thrilled over my last Kroger shopping trip savings? It's like a game. 

1 comment:

  1. What a full blog. I love reading about your Book Club. I have said it before-you are lucky to have good friends. Your chairs look beautiful. I need to come see all your pretty stuff. MOM

    ReplyDelete