Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Works of art



Gorgeous magnolia bud in Clinton. 



Ed has mastered cooking steak and salmon in a skillet. 



Thank goodness. It is too hot to stand at the grill. 



Perfect. 



Ok... the eclipse. Cool reflection 



Candy and I headed to the Lost Rabbit pool for a perfect view. Our scientific equipment. 



Two pieces of paper worked too. 



Fascinating shadows by the tree leaves. 





It was fun. 



The light had an eerie quality



Goodbye scientific equipment. 



Next cool thing...at lunch Sunday, Sophie told me about an estate sale at the home of a local artist. I had always noticed this unusual home near our Riverwood house and wondered about it. I headed over there. She was very prolific and very good too! Sophie took this picture of the studio. 



There were stacks of fabulous works. I fell in love with this watercolor.  When I went to pay for it, of course I knew the seller. She was a former neighbor. The artist was her aunt, LaRita Smith. 



Sophie bought this one. It's painted on muslin. 



It feels right at home. 



The artist signed the title on the side...Smith Park. 

1 comment:

  1. The eclipse pictures are beautiful. Could frame them. Of course I like your Snith Park. I see it different but I am not the artist. Smith Park is special to me. Lot of memories. MOM

    ReplyDelete