Search This Blog

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Summer

Anna found this fun blast from the summer past. 


It was Lucy's luau birthday party. Check out the little boy on the back row right side. That would be Mary Grace. Candy remembered that she made the balloon animals. 


Made the worst blueberry cobbler on the 4th. Tried to split a recipe and messed up the ratio. Hot cooked berries forced the dough into a tough crust. I'm a berry murderer. 


I call this creepy pic, Mary Grace in repose.  It is her preserved wedding dress I got back in the mail. I know, I know, I'm a procrastinator. 


Speaking of nostalgia, I pulled this CD out of my glove box (what an archaic name !). Sophie used to make music CDs for our car trip. I'm pretty sure this was the one from our first trip in our new minivan to the beach. We had just bought it and we were so excited. 


I popped it in ready for a trip down memory lane. My player said this!  Now, I take offense at that comment. I mean the first song was Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up. Come on! Well I guess 13 years banging around in car after car took its toll. So sad. 


On a high note, here is Toby with his summer Marine cut. He was so tired that he could barely keep his eyes open. 

1 comment:

  1. Poor Toby, I know how he feels. Those trips can do you in. The birthday party picture was even better on your blog. MOM

    ReplyDelete