Search This Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Renewing old friendships

Yes, it is almost time for my 40th high school reunion, but that is not what I'm talking about. 


29 years ago Ed and I moved into this house. Adirondack chairs were just coming into vogue around then. They were very expensive and had to be ordered literally from the Adirondack mountain area. My friend Vicki had a pair. Ed looked at theirs and built 2 for us. He even custom built mine to fit my short legs. They are so comfortable. Obviously they needed a new coat of paint. 


I stuck with the classic porch green. 


I'm a messy painter. 


Better? Here's to 29 more years! Sophie turns 28 today. So it seems we were producing more than houses and chairs  


There was lots going on while I was painting. Ed was cleaning up a bee hive, neighbor was cutting huge trees and Truffles was busy patrolling it all. 


You may not can see it but that is a black King snake hanging out of the fountain. I know they are good snakes but Yuck. 

1 comment:

  1. I did not remember that Ed made the deck chairs. Nice job, since they still look good. MOM

    ReplyDelete