Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Zoo day

When Jan texted me this morning saying "would you like to go to the zoo with us?", I didn't hesitate. What time should I be ready was all I said. 


We are trying to squeeze in every opportunity with Brody before he moves to Indiana. Also check out little sister under construction!!


Looking at Pumpkin, the orangutan 


Tiger


He made sure I new this was a FAKE alligator. 


Flamingos


I even saw a gopher turtle like the ones who live at Anna's cabin. 


Zebras


The Pygmy hippo was in mud heaven. 


Brody and I loved the Red River hogs. 


I was honored that Brody picked me to ride the carousel with him. 


Here is the old swimming area in Livingston lake. I have a few memories of going there before integration shut all public pools down in 1963. 


This was a big fountain you could swim to and stand inside under the flow. 


Selfie on the train.  


The tunnel. 


A redbud on the route. Great day !!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I would say you had a great day. Any day with sister, niece and Brody could not be any other way. Good for you! MOM

    ReplyDelete