Search This Blog

Thursday, June 11, 2015

The torch is passed...

...What does that mean? For 25 years we have been telling kids not to stand, hang on, climb the handrail at the Summertree pool. It is not a toy. You will make it come loose, etc. etc. We had a break for a few years after the kids grew up. But a new generation is on the pole, so to speak. Well that is Jan and Cary's problem. We just thought it was funny to be starting over.
 
 
Just had the most gorgeous granite installed.

 
The picture cannot show how pretty it is. Such depth of color and little flecks of shiny mica.
 
Ok, every year we have our annual Revealing of the Flesh party at the pool. We have all been so busy that it has not happened. However, Candy surprised me with Bloody Mary's one morning after our workout.

 
So cute. And then today was the perfect lunch.

 
Amy and I met during a hectic work day at Scrooge's. They have a great plate lunch. My favorite memory of this restaurant is that Ed and I had our first date there. We had oysters and drinks there. Next we went to Poet's for dinner. The two coolest places in the 80's. I should have known he was a keeper.

1 comment:

  1. Yes time marches on. I am reminded of this since I have been getting together some trivia for Tommy's trivia game at the beach. And how do you fir so much into your days? I never was that busy. MOM

    ReplyDelete