Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The food

Since there are so many of us on this trip, we generally eat in. We sign up before hand for dinners, appetizers and breakfasts. This was a breakfast MG and I made.
 
 
Patrick eggs, Blueberry crunch and pigs in blankets. Other days we had breakfast casserole, sausage balls, crepes (MG and Ashley) and tons of great summer fruit.

 
Sophie's famous Olive cheese bread appetizer. Everyone knows to hustle in for appetizer time. They go fast. I didn't get many pics since I was so busy scuffling for a bite every evening. But we had oysters, Black bean edamame dip, spinach artichoke dip, MSU edam cheese, oysters Bienville, Rotel dip...couldn't you just die?

 
After I took this picture of Ashley's homemade biscuits they floated off the plate...they were that light.

 
Ahhh, the bouillabaisse. Bryan and Ashley created this traditional French soup from stock made from shrimp heads. Vegetables were then cooked in the strained stock. At the very end 3 kinds of fish and 3 kinds of mussels were added. 

 
Look how beautiful it is.

 
Even the shells were pretty.

 
Traditionally served with crusty French bread, they topped theirs with homemade roasted red pepper sauce. Yum. Along with this they had green salad with roasted corn and tomatoes, accompanied by the best Green Goddess dressing I have ever had.

 
The last night Paul and Sophie ended our seafood laden week with hamburgers with all the toppings. We also had fish tacos, baked fish, boiled shrimp (bought directly off the boat that morning) and jambalaya. It was all great. Good job everyone.

1 comment:

  1. You give the food critics a run for the money!! My My I tasted it all over again, I think we get better every year. Thank you. MOM

    ReplyDelete