Search This Blog

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Oxford

I had been promising to take Candy of a tour of Oxford, MS. I love that town. Her friend Rusty is moving from there back to Jackson, so we wanted to visit before he left. Of course we started with my favorite, Ajax diner.
 
 
Candy just kept laughing at the southerners getting so excited about food.
 

I'm a little ashamed of my choices. Dressing, fried eggplant, squash casserole and cucumber salad.
 

A walk around the square led us to a little chat with Mr. Faulkner.
 

Cute little cottage on the square.
 

Shopped a bit in Off Square Books and Square Books.
 
 
The Anchorman was there touting his new book.
 

It was a very cold but beautiful day. The leaves are changing up there.
 

Rowan Oak was lovely.
 

As were the grounds.
 

Checked on the grandogs.
 

They are doing fine.
 
 
Linda was in town while Joe went to a nearby woodturning workshop. Mom and I took her to Saltine.
 

Big success. Oyster stew and oyster poboy. 


 
 




1 comment:

  1. I think Linda really enjoyed her visit this time, (thanks mostly to you) Thank you. MOM

    ReplyDelete