Search This Blog

Sunday, June 9, 2013

where does the time go?

so...this week flew by! I promise I was not watching Netflix shows on Candy's couch. Had breakfast at Crackerbarrel two days in a row!? Lucy, my godaughter's 17th birthday and the next day my friend, Amy's --- th birthday. Amy got to pick what she, Bev and I did all day. We went antiquing in Clinton and look what I found...

 
I've been looking for the perfect lamp for my den and this 50's lamp is just what I wanted. Apparently Pepper likes it too. After that score we relaxed at Julep's with bloody marys and portobello fries. Ok , you haven't had dog news lately so did you know that dogs like carrots to chew? me either, Mary Grace said they used to give them along with celery at Petsmart.
 

 
Had an unexpected pocket of fun (Amy's phrase) today after church. I was a little sad and lonely because Mom was having to miss church due to an eye issue (she is fine, family). I thought Sophie and Paul were out of town and Mary Grace said she and Ryan were not coming. Guess what. They all came. Obviously it pays to whine a little. S&P recommended the brunch at Nick's . Were they ever right. They have a bloody mary bar and very interesting food. I got a southern eggs benedict. Poached  eggs, hollandaise, ham on a sweet potato biscuit. Sorry I didn't get a pic, but I was hungry and you know how that makes me. We laughed and laughed. I love those guys. Well Ed is in the mood for red beans and rice. He even went to Kroger for onions and beans! How do they look?
 
 
One more dog moment if you don't mind. Truffles and Toby looked so cute sitting in the sun and I went to snap their picture. Truff saw the reflection off my phone on the brick wall and took off. Toby looks shocked.
 
 
Since then a thunderstorm has blown in and Truffles is huddled at my feet as I type this. She is scared of storms.
 
 
 
 





1 comment:

  1. Celery and carrots? I did not know dogs would eat them. Lamp looks good. Glad you had fun with your kids. They know the places to go. Mom

    ReplyDelete