Search This Blog

Sunday, June 2, 2013

storm during the night

ok so here is just an extra little funny for you ....early in the night after we went to bed, Ed woke me up to say my snoring was keeping him awake. I gathered my pillows and ascended to the guest room to finish the night. I slept peacefully. I only got up once to make a trip to the bathroom and noticed the electricity was off. Feeling my way through the dark, I found my destination and only slightly considered why the power had failed. I woke up to a soft rain on the windows that morning. Refreshed and awake I came downstairs. Ed staggers in exhausted with dark shadows under his eyes. He claimed to have gotten no sleep. "Didn't you hear that storm?", he says, stunned.  He tells me about it. It thundered, lightening lit up the night, limbs fell, the power went off at 1:00, came back on and went off again at 3:00!! Every time it went off and on, all electronics sounded off. Truffles was scared to death and whined and shivered next to him all night. All the animals got upset with each power surge.  He cried, "you didn't hear any of it???". As I poured my coffee I simply said, "Why no dear, I was upstairs sleeping".

No comments:

Post a Comment