Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2022

Winter

As I’ve gotten older, I’ve come to realize that winter may be my favorite season. Now part of that is due to the fact that I am very hot natured. At least in winter I’m not always “bout to burn up”. But this week has had some of the most beautiful, crisp, perfect days that I can remember. 



The sky has been achingly blue. The bare trees in stark contrast. I’ve been struggling with waking up every morning to the ever fresh knowledge that my friend is gone. A whole chunk of my life ripped away. So the tendency to want to “waller “ in my bathrobe until almost noon in my chair is strong. 



But going outside, I realize life is still going on and beauty is  still out there. 



The sun is still coming up every day. 



The wild beasts are still running. 



And this got lost in the shuffle but Mom turned 95 on the day Candy died. How lucky I am to still have her is not lost on me. 

1 comment:

  1. i read through tears your blog. I realized "My baby is grown now" When you can view sorrow and beauty through the same eyes, you are there. More power to you--stay as beautiful as you are. MOM

    ReplyDelete