Search This Blog

Saturday, February 16, 2019

Ad-Meyer my lemon bread

So Meyer lemons are quite the thing and I completely understand. They are a cross between a type of lemon and a tangerine. Sweeter than most lemons. 



Candy gave me two from a bag she had bought. They are in season now. I zested them and squeezed them. 



Made lemon bread. While still hot you pour a syrup made from the juice and sugar, or in my case Truvia. 



It was perfect. 



Interestingly, now I’m reading this. The bread was anything but bitter. 



Our one little wild pear tree is blooming like crazy. 



So I decided to take some for church tomorrow. 



Used my old Pickenpaugh vase given to me by my sister in law, Kaye back in 1985. Date is on bottom...not from memory! 

1 comment:

  1. So I enjoyed your lemon bread too. So sweet and satisfying. I am looking forward to seeing the altar tomorrow. The picture looked so beautiful. MOM

    ReplyDelete