Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Quiche

Had a craving for Quiche Lorraine. Assembled necessary ingredients - eggs, bacon, onions, Swiss cheese and milk/cream and made the traditional French pie. 

 

Turned out perfect. I subbed green onions because they were all I had. But it got me thinking about the first quiche I ever had. Believe it or not, quiche was not widely made in the US until the early 80's when it became very popular. I was at Murrah in 75 or 76 when we could get extra credit for bringing in a French food. I was always on top of extra credit!! I'm sure Madame Prater was as eager as us to get out of class work. Well of course Mom offered to help. We found a recipe in Southern Sideboards for a traditional French quiche Lorraine. I can't remember much about how it turned out but I know we were pleased with our results. I pulled out the cookbook and looked it up. 

 
Look at all that butter, cream and bacon. I made my own recipe. Thanks Mom for always helping me out. A scholar I wasn't. Can't speak hardly any French. 

1 comment:

  1. You were showing creativity then, although you were a very average scholar. I was all for helping you as I was also a very average scholar !!!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete