Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 21, 2024

When I was cool

I think I was cool for a minute in the early 80’s. Preppy was in. I wore button down Polo shirts, blue jeans and a tan corduroy blazer. To dress up I wore expensive Pima cotton shirts that buttoned up my neck and wool pencil skirts. We had drinks and shrimp crepes at Poet ‘s. Spinach salad and little muffins at Widow Watson’s. Dancing at the Pyramid. We hit the free appetizer bar at Studebaker’s. Watched Princess Dianna get married on a tiny screen fat tv in my first apartment. My roommate Cindy and I walked every evening after work in the apartment complex, trolling for cute guys. And hey! I found one. He was sitting by the pool in a starched white button down (Polo of course), pleated khaki shorts ironed with a crease and Topsiders. Oh and don’t forget Tortoise shell sunglasses. Strawberry blond hair feathered and brushed back. Swoon. We went on to be cool for a while and then…kids. 



Well here is the spinach salad ala 1981. It is still so good. Spinach, egg, bacon, almonds, red onion and poppy seed dressing. 



How about beef stroganoff? Popular in 70’s. I used to make it a lot when the girls were little. Sometimes I used Hamburger Helper. This one was from leftover pot roast. 



My cart at Homegoods. Wish Candy could have been there. She was the queen of Homegoods/Marshall’s/TJ Maxx. Shopping for Faces. 



Sprucing up at Faces. 



This one will get one more vase and stands for the quartz. Love it. 

1 comment:

  1. IIT IS NO SECRET THAT I LIKE '' I LOVE RAYMOND RERUNS. HE TOLD HIS LITTLE BOYS TO KEEP THEIR SECREST FROM THEIR MOM AND HIM. THEY DON'T WONT TO KNOW. I AM LIKE THAT TOO, JUST TELL ME THE GOOD THINGS YOU DID GROWING UP, AND I WILL UNDERSTAND THAT I GREW UP AND KEPT SECRETS TOO. MOM

    ReplyDelete