Search This Blog

Friday, February 16, 2024

Good time

Ahhh, to sit back in my chair, feet up, sipping the dregs of the last glass of wine. Reflecting on book club at my house. The dishwasher is humming and the house is quiet now. What a joy to cook and serve food to good friends. 



Wish Mom could have seen it. Her favorite color scheme is blue and yellow. 



What started the theme was my big blue willow egg. I bring it out every spring. 



And the beautiful mahonia shrub that is blooming now. 



Forgot to get pics of the plate but we had chicken tortellini salad with green apples, spinach and almonds in it. Don’t worry Mom, I’m sending you some. 



Homemade tomato soup. It really makes a difference in flavor. 



Hot fudge pudding. Old, old recipe. 



I love when I can work in my old spoons. I have several of these an old neighbor gave me. She was quite the collector. Don’t even want to think how the world was then in 1939. 



We all loved this book. 



These were very good girls in their crates today. 



MG and Ryan bought Cletus a warm house. Here he is not in it. 



Fire be lover. 



She is glowing in this picture. 



A little (?) loaf. 



Enjoyed our annual Mardi Gras service at church. 



1 comment:

  1. YOUR TABEL IS BEAUTIFUL. YOU ARE RIGHT-MY FAVORITE , I AN GLAD IT WENT WELL. THE FOOD LOOKD GREAT ABD I AM SURE WAS AS GOOD AS IT LOOKED. WORTH THE WORK. NOT REAL WORK, BUT PLEASURE. LOOKING FORWARD FOR A TASTE OF IT ALL. NOT THE PUDDING PLEASE. I COULD NOT JUST TAKE A BITE. I REMEMBER HOW GOOD IT IS. GOOD BLOG !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete