Search This Blog

Saturday, March 21, 2020

More quarantine



I’ve been craving cake ever since I took one to Carlton and Pam for dinner. I discovered why when I cleaned out my backseat. The unwashed Bundt cake pan was in there smelling yummy. 



Found a possibly ancient half box of yellow cake mix. Who has a half a cake mix ? Sophie asked. Well I made a small cobbler at some point. Anyway I made them. A little flat but good to go. 



Made a tiny bit of chocolate buttercream icing. 



Iced a few and froze the rest. Worth it! I’ve heard people talk about the Freshman 15. You know the weight you gain that first year. Well I propose the Quarantine 20. I have never seen so much baking and cooking that people are posting. I know for sure that 2 of my daughters made Smoky Oats (boiled cookies to Ellises)



Found out puzzles aren’t as fun alone. 



Jan split a box of food with me that she picked up from 2 Dog Farms. Those odd white carrots were good roasted. 



Time for the big blue and white egg!



One last cold snap brings this. 

1 comment:

  1. Everyone is cooking and eating. More pounds to come. I must borrow your Chines people. Looks so good. Also the fire will be nice tonight. MOM

    ReplyDelete