Search This Blog

Friday, June 10, 2016

Pilgrimage

Went on a bit of a pilgrimage with my friend, Amy. I rode with her to Starkville to take her mom home after a visit. Amy lived in Starkville as a child. She showed me the houses she lived in and other sights. We started off with lunch in a new restaurant in an old building, Restaurant Tyler. 


Very cute inside. 


Lunch special. The shrimp tasted like the ones the old Morrison's cafeteria used to make. 


Downtown looked much the same. MSU however did not. It looked like a huge university had eaten my little college. I found things I remembered in the middle of campus. 


Found my freshman dorm, McKee Hall. 


Here is Hathorn,where I spent two great years. I didn't even try to find Wood Manor apartments, if they even exist. 


Went to Oddfellows and located the Hogan family. They are Amy's maternal great and great great grandparents. 


Amy's grandmother died while her 2 daughters were very young. She is buried in this beautiful enclosure all the children called Kiki's garden. 


Her real name was Katherine. That is where Amy's daughter, Katie, got her name.  


She was a proud member of the DAR. 


Had to add these newest pics of baby. 


I love it when they sleep like this. 




Next adventure - family trip to Blue Ridge GA for some mountain time. Made chicken tetrazzini to take for a meal up there. Stay tuned for more on that fun!

1 comment:

  1. YOU HAVE A knack for finding interesting places where ever you go. MOM

    ReplyDelete