Search This Blog

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Empty nest

Well, all eras come to an end. Ivy is gone and the space is empty. We had the carpet cleaned and took the last load to the new apartment. Pepper and I took stock of the area. 


It feels very surreal to think that 3 girls grew from babyhood to womanhood here. 


I'm reminded of a writing by Erma Bombeck about telling her children to be quiet and then they left home and all was silent. Sniff, sniff. I can just hear the laughter and play in the silence. 


Pepper and I wondered why she stuck Velcro on the wall. 


What shall we do with the space? 


Still a few vestiges of youth here. Look at those ballet shoes. 


Just recovered her vanity stool. 


Why didn't I do this ages ago. It looked awful. 


Our Super bowl party for 2. Obviously leftover napkins. 


If Toby got any closer , he would get singed. When Ed moves the screen to add wood, he gets close. 

1 comment:

  1. I too have a writing by Erma on the subject. It ends by saying, they will be back. And they will, but in a different but good way. I Know. MOM

    ReplyDelete