Search This Blog

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Some signs of fall



We had a back to school lunch at church and invited Millsaps students. Flowers for the tables. 



Ready for fall colors. 



But then I noticed how the pencils I bought for back to school drive matched perfectly. Mom artfully scattered them on the tables. 



Another sign of fall...Ed boiling peanuts 



Somehow I never read Donna Tartt’s book The Goldfinch when it came out. Decided to read it before I see the movie. Check out this weighty tome.(literally) It is a whopper at 700 plus pages anyway but get in large print and it is a weapon or a front door step. 



Jill hosted Book Club and we enjoyed this one. Everyone is fascinated by Harper Lee. I think she was not the most pleasant person. 



More signs of fall in the beautiful table setting. 



Look at the yummy individual chicken pies. 



Jill’s specialty. We beg for it every time. Pavlova. 


No comments:

Post a Comment